Working Papers

State of NH Working Papers

*The state of New Hampshire does not provide working papers for any state outside of New Hampshire.

Anyone under the age of 16 must acquire working papers (employment certificate) no later than the first 3 days of employment.  However, the school district recommends getting them prior to beginning work. You can only obtain working papers AFTER a job has been secured. You must obtain new working papers for each job obtained up until age 16.

1.  The employer must provide the student with an "Employer's Request for Child Labor Form". In order to be complete, this form should be filled out and signed by the employer, have a federal ID number and contain a detailed description of the work being done by this student.

2.  The student and parent/guardian must bring the following information to the School District Office:

         -    Completed Employer's Request for Child Labor Form  
         -     Latest report card
         -     Proof of age (birth certificate, passport, baptismal certificate, immigration record
               or a religious or official record bearing minor's age) 

We are located at 6A Kitty Hawk Landing, Londonderry. Please call with questions 432-6920 x1101.

** Minors ages 16 and 17 do NOT need working papers but do need a document signed by a parent or legal guardian giving permission for them to work (see parental permission form below). This must be done for each job obtained until the age of 18. This is not needed only when the youth has graduated from High School or obtained a GED.